If you’ve been thinking about hiring a cleaning company, but you’re not sure where to begin, or if you’ve been dissatisfied with a cleaning service in the past, here are 10 Do’s and Don’ts to help you in your search for the right team to do the job.
1. Do ask if the company you are thinking about hiring if they are licensed and insured.
2. Do inform the company of any pets you may have for allergy considerations, and if these pets will be crated, caged or left loose.
3. Do ask who will supply the cleaning products and supplies, and what type of supplies are being used. Do you prefer a green clean or would you prefer specific products be used on your appliances/glass/marble etc?
If you have allergies and sensitivities, or you are striving to reduce your carbon footprint and lead a healthier life, you may want to opt for a company that uses green products when cleaning your space. Communicating in advance will help you determine if the cleaning company will customize the right tools for your space.
4. Do be specific about all of the cleaning services you require, such as hanging up and putting away clothes, washing bedding, baseboards, cleaning inside of a couch or inside appliances. Some cleaning services may not be included and will take extra time or they may come with an additional cost. Being up front about what you require will help the company allot the appropriate timeframe and resources to complete the job and customize your experience.
5. Do let your cleaner know if you have circumstances that may require extra cleaning time such as a lot of knick knacks, excess pet hair, or built on grease/dirt/etc from a lack of regular maintenance.
6. Do communicate with your cleaners when it comes to your specific preferences. Communication is the key to achieving the best cleaning experience possible.
7. Don’t clean your house before the cleaners come (don’t worry, they have seen it all!) but DO tidy up clutter or any obstructions that would make it harder to get the job done, such as clutter on surfaces and floors. The more surfaces that are clear of clutter, the better job the cleaners can perform in the shortest possible time.
8. Do discuss pricing and packages ahead of time and determine if the company is willing to work with a budget or if there are any hidden fees.
9. Don’t leave a bad review if you are unsatisfied until you have had an opportunity to communicate with the company to resolve any issues. Were there miscommunications? Unexpected circumstances? Were your expectations communicated in advance? Can the cleaning company easily rectify the issue?
A good cleaning company will strive to make things right if you have questions, concerns or complaints, because their goal is to build a lasting relationship with you and customize your cleaning experience to your needs. Although most good cleaning companies strive for perfection and customer satisfaction, sometimes things happen. Understanding and communication go a long way.
Our team at Rose Cleaning Service is always available to answer any questions you may have and we strive for customer satisfaction. Contact us for a quote if you’ve been looking for a professional cleaning company that cares!
Written by: Stacey Wood